Controlling different channels with midi controller

Iulian Muresan616 views6 posts
  • Iulian Muresan

Hi, guys. I would really appreciate some help here. I try to make Microtonic work with an Arturia BeatStep Pro, more exactly I would love to use the 16 rotary encorders of the BeatStep Pro to control Oscillator and Noice parameters for individual drum sounds (channels). So in Midi Configuration I checked Select drum channel with midi notes which works fine, then I also checked Midi CC operate on selected channel. But when I change one parameter like for example attack or decay on Channel 1, it also changes the sounds on Channels 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8. What am I missing? Basically I want to select one channel and operate my changes for that particular channel only. I'm using Ableton Live. Should I use the Multi version and have one track in Ableton per channel of MTonic? How should I programme the midi channels in the BeatStep?

• Iulian Muresan

No one?

• (noou)

Too bad nobody's listening.. I'm very interested in this. IMO microtonic would gain a lot from being mapped to a hardware controller!
    Did you progress?
    I own the Arturia Spark LE which maps automatically to Arturia's own Spark drum machine, but works also as a MIDI controller, so mapping issues should be really similar to what you're facing with the Beatstep

• Iulian Muresan

No. I haven't made a lot of progress. I put Microtonic on 8 different channels in Ableton. Not a very elegant solution.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.