Windows 10 update - new plugin registration?!

Jakob N.395 views8 posts
  • Jakob N.

Hi,

I recently switched from mackbooc pro to PC (Windows 7). I registered Synthplant and Microtonic when doing so, and then had two computers authorized. When I updated to Windows 10, I needed to register my plugins again, and now three computers seems to be registered to my account.

Did anyone else encounter this "issue"? and is it an issue at all - that 2. and 3. registration is the same computer? (future installations/registrations in case of new computer, crash.. ect)

Thx for great plugins btw!

Jakob N.

• Fredrik Lidström

Hi,

If you upgrade your system or significantly change your hardware, Windows will report a new unique identifier for the system. You will be required to authorize the software again. This is normal and you will not run into any issues because of this.

• Quinn Young

This is the same experience I am having as well.

How can I reduce the number of false computers back down to only the one I'm using?.. currently it is showing I have 4 computers registered on, but I'm only using the one I have. How can I fix this.

Thanks in advance,.
    Quinn Young

• Fredrik Lidström

No need, under normal use (including system updates like this) you will never run into any limit. We count installations to monitor for excessive installations like shared or spread license keys.

• Jakob N.

Happened again after anniversary update. Just to notify you. - Jakob

• Jørgen Kirksæther

This now happens after every Win10 update, ie. at least every month. While I fully support the serial approach as a preferred cp (it's defintitely mine too), is there a way to not trigger a reauthorisation quite so often?

Cheers,
    j,

• Gravitymike

yeah kinda annoying, happened to me last week, dam you Microsoft =)

• Tony DePirro

Yes, every major Windows 10 update forces re-registration of not only Sonic Charge plugins but others as well. XLN Audio seems to get hit as well...

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.