PO-32 as a synth

vampzim1 008 views3 posts
  • vampzim

I recently bought a PO-32 and love it, but now I want to add SUB and FACTORY, but I was wondering if I could just buy the Microtonic app and another PO-32 and import SYNTH patches to it instead.

Are there synth patches that I can get for Microtonic that would turn a PO-32 into a synthesizer?

• Travis Cleary

I have made up some patches of various tuned bass sounds for making classic jungle style basslines, but the method is easily applied to other synth sounds. You can input your desired note by right clicking on the oscillator frequency slider and selecting "enter exact value", then enter your desired frequency or even enter a note name such as A1 or C#3. All you have to do then is copy/paste the patch and alter the pitches to suit your desired scale. One thing to be aware of is that one of the sound parameter knobs on the PO-32 does alter the pitch, so this leaves you with only the morph knob.

• Magnus Lidström

There is also an old script that could come in handy here called "Generate Scale". As described in this post http://soniccharge.com/forum/topic/54-first-script-package-for-microtonic :

Generate Scale

Copies the drum patch of the current drum channel to all eight channels and transposes each channel according to a user-supplied list of semitones. This allows you to create melodic sequences with the MicroTonic pattern engine.

You need to be to post a reply

Sign In / Sign Up

First time here? Just enter your current email and sign up.
Facebook sign in no longer available. Use the same email to set password and access your account. If you need help, contact us.